Here we are back with a hack to set up a VPN in your Firestick/ Fire TV. Don’t just get excited with this, you have a lot more things coming up to, like you get to know about how it works, its features, and more importantly, we also suggest you with few extraordinary VPN that supports your system and enhances its ability.
Firstly, what is a Firestick / Fire TV?
The Amazon Firestick or Fire TV is a simple and cost-effective that helps in turning your boring TV with an HDMI port into an enhanced medium allowing internet connection. Through this streaming device, whatnot, you get to access thousands and thousands of TV shows, movies, series, and more contents. But there a virtual block of access and only limited shows and movies and screen due to geo-lock. Which refers to being restricted to access form your location.
To help you with these, there are Virtual Private Networks (VPN) for Firestick exclusively cracks through the tough encryptions and provides access to the restricted contents. This process happens by encrypting all internet traffics and routing them in an intermediate server at the location you choose. This spoofing location helps the user to tackle up the provider of the content provider to recognize that you belong to the place where it’s legal to access.
Most of the time, content providers like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, iPlayer, BCC, HBO, etc., restrict their contents, or in the process of customization, they only provide access to few contents based on the geographical location for the contents to be more relevant to the place.
In that case, the usual VPN you use would not suffice for Firestick. So you got to exclusive install a VPN for your Firestick/Fire TV to gain access to the restricted contents in the popular content providers.
Best VPN for Firestick
- Express VPN – one of the fastest, secured and reliable Firestick VPN with Kill switch, it’s specialized at streaming anonymously for 24*7.
- IPvanish VPN – supports Firestick more appropriately, streaming Kodi and it’s also highly secured, fast, and protected.
- Cyber Ghost – provides fast and dedicated streaming support. It is designed with a modern feature for the Firestick app which is highly secured.
- Surfshark – works with all kinds of Kodi add ons and it’s a strong streamlined VPN for Firestick providing privacy and speed.
- Private – it has a rock-solid privacy feature which is fast and blocks ads.
- Strong VPN – it’s a simple yet effective VPN for Firestick assuring the safety, security, and privacy.
- You can choose lots of VPNs from here you get lots of deals on upcoming Black Friday VPN deals 2020.
Before you choose a proper VPN for Firestick/Fire TV, there are few factors such as speed, coverage, and security which are main. And it should also assure no-log policy, kill switch, Kodi Add ons, and support the device. Make sure you choose a VPN with such qualities.
From a large crowd survey, the Express VPN and IPVanish have performed promising and been trustworthy, satisfying the criteria.
Install VPN for Firestick/ Fire TV – steps
One can install VPN in a Firestick/ Fire TV in two simple methods, directly from App store or by downloading an APK file. Choosing between the options entirely depends on what VPNs are you about to install, as few are available in the App Store and few are only present in APK files. In that order the Express VPN, IPVanish are available in app store but only in certain countries. In that case it entirely depends on the location and availability.
METHOD 1 – Install VPN in Firestick from the App Store
For any VPN that has listed its app on the Fire TV and App store, this method is simple and easy.
- In your device, the Fire TV/ Firestick, go to Search and type for the name of the VPN, if it shows up you can follow this method. And when it doesn’t appear you got to try out with the Method 2. First search the name of VPN.
- Click on the app icon and select download.
- Ones the download is done, click on ‘Open to launch’ to install the application.
- After installation, sign into your VPN application.
- There select the location you want spoof.
- Then click on connect.
- The connection process happens and give it permission to perform when the connection request approaches.
METHOD 2 – Install VPN on Firestick/ Fire TV from an APK file
To install VPN using an APK file, you could opt for this method. Mostly when the VPN you request doesn’t appears in the list, it’s advisable to choose this method. Here we go with the steps,
- Search ‘Downloader’ in your device, Firestick/ Fire TV.
- Click on the app and hit the Download button.
- Launch Downloader once the application has finished installing.
- Once the Downloader is launched, type the URL of the VPN’s APK file to download. For the link, check out the VPN provider form android app pages.
- From there download the APK file and get ready to install.
- From the download section in ‘Downloader, click on the APK file and install.
- Now go to settings, then Application.
- There find Manage Installed Application, the APK file is found there.
- Launch the APK file.
- Then sign in your VPN app.
- Now you can select the location and travel form the same place. With just a click you can get connected.
Install VPN on a Router for Firestick/ Fire TV
As a bonus, here is a new method to install VPN. In case of, when the specific VPN has no proper APK file but a Router app. For this, all you have to be keen about is Downloading VPN’s router application to cover your Firestick/Fire TV. Connect them. In this process make sure your Firestick/ Fire TV are connected with the router and then select your place, ambience, etc.
Install VPN for Firestick/ Fire TV – tips to troubleshoot
What to do when the app stops working in rare events.
Just got to chill, here are few tips and tricks to follow when you face such issues in the VPN app for Firestick.
- Simply uninstall the application and reinstall it. To uninstall, go to Settings>> Applications >> Manage application.
- Try restarting your Fire TV/ Firestick. Unplug the system and wait a couple of minutes to sit and then plug the system back.
- When you experience screen lag, try switch locations in the same city.
- When either of this works, call the VPN support center as most of the VPN’s provide 24*7 customer support and they help recovering the issue soon.
Hope you got to know how to install VPN for a Firestick/ Fire TV. You could enjoy uninterrupted streaming of world movies, shows and contents exclusive form your happy space, with just virtual travels through VPN, which are safe and secured to access. This cracks the geographic restrictions and allow us enjoy our favorite show, movies and other contents as and when we wish for.
Hope this content was useful and informative.